» » » Easy Way to Change the Address Bar Icon (Favicon)


Favicon (Favorites Icon) is the small picture (usually 16px x 16px in size) you see beside some site's name in your browser's address bar. You can change the icon (favicon) with your own picture. It’s very simple to do that.

  1-   Prepare an image with low dimension, it's about 22x22 pixel to 32x32 pixel, and they can be formatted as gif, jpg, bmp, ico, png.
  2-   Upload the image to an image hosting service, like the free PhotoBucket. Then, obtain the direct link to your image for the next step. 
  3-   Add this bold tags to your template. To access it, click "edit html"in "layout" section. Put them in head section, between "title" tag and "b:skin" tag.

<title><data:blog.pagetitle>
<link href='
put the direct URL of your image here' rel='shortcut icon' type='image/vnd.microsoft.icon'/>
<b:skin>


  4-   Save your editing.

Here is a free site for icon www.iconarchive.com


Best Tutorials Plus Team

10 Comments:

  1. hi Great article i ve also problem of having favicon bt i did it myself bt html. Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi I can see that you possess a degree of expertise on this subject, I would like to hear much more from you on this subject matter – I have bookmarked this page and will return soon to hear additional about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers will make good content as you did then internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you to write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an Awesome post. Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice article...
    really helpful for me...keep it up

    ReplyDelete